Bulk Edit/Remove and Import/Export

Hi ChilliConnect Team

In line with other posts, I think that having some form of bulk edit and remove feature would be very useful for prototyping. Especially in Collections and Users but this could benefit all sections of the dashboard.

In addition: having some form of Import/Export would be extremely helpful. This way snapshots can be exported and saved (e.g. just download a collection as JSON). This is not only useful for prototyping specific aspects of a game, but also allows for another layer of security by having daily / weekly exports of users and collections and such as a backup if at any point something should go terribly wrong.

What do other ChilliConnect users think?

Best

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the feedback, this is a great point and I will add to our backlog now to make sure it’s captured. There are many games on Chilli with players numbers well in to the millions, so we do need to make sure if we implement such a feature that it works just as well for those games as it does for games with less players.

Thanks

Hi Mike

Thanks for putting this in the backlog and sorry about my late reply, was caught up in other projects. Do you have any news on this?

We found that we need some way of backing up collection data (daily backup). I guess this can be implemented with a custom cloud script which sends the data to another server. I was just wondering if having the ability to make regular automated backups isnt something many developers would like? Some scheduled event like a Cronjob? Especially with live games?

Best
Manuel

Hi Manuel,

There are no updates on the ability to do custom backups of Collections I’m afraid. As you can imagine our backlog is pretty big, and not everything in the backlog will actually get worked on, so I don’t want to set unrealistic expectations. We have lots of competing priorities so if this is a blocker for you, then I would suggest thinking of workarounds. One thing you could do is record an analytics event whenever a collection item is added or changed - these would appear in the daily exports files (https://docs.chilliconnect.com/guide/metrics/#data-export) which are accessible via API. So if you never need to create a copy of collection in a local database for example, you could replay the events. It’s not ideal but might be good enough for what you need.

Also worth mentioning that we do maintain our own backups as well as a replicated copy of collections as standard, so in the event of a disaster your data is safe.

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks a lot for this information! I will look into analytics events and maybe start thinking about a work-around. And also thanks for pointing out that you maintain backups as well. Since we will analyse the data in the collections (incl. temporal analysis) it is very important for us to have vigorous data consistency. I will get back to you if I find a good solution to this!

Best
Manuel